Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wooden Radios

Lately I've been fascinated with vintage-looking wooden radios. I think they're the perfect mix of modern and clean design with a touch of retro. Plus, one will go great in my Scandinavian beach house that I will have someday ;)

Here are my favorites:

Clockwise from top left: Magno Large $300 | Magno Medium $250 | Magno Small $200 | Magno Micro $150

These wooden radios from Areaware are totally different than anything I've seen around. They have a very vintage feel with those big wooden knobs and the felt. I also like the cute wooden tip on the antenna. The Magno Small and bigger are mp3 compatible.

Left to right: Model One in Cherry/Silver $150 | Model Three in Cherry/Metallic Taupe $300

Of course I had to include the radios from Tivoli Audio. They're simple and beautiful, and like the Areaware Magno, a bit pricey. All their hi-fi radios are mp3 friendly.


Crosley Audiophile Radios
 Clockwise from top left: Tempo $100 | Dock Clock $100 | Solo $100 | Comet $100

Fortunately for us who are more conservative when it comes to spending, there are these super cool alternatives from Crosley. All their Audiophile radios are iPod/mp3 compatible.

 Sangean Hi-Fi Table-Top Wooden Radios
Top to bottom: WR-2 $126 (on Amazon) | WR-11 $82 (on Amazon)

These radios from Sangean are not as stylish as the other ones but they are worth a mention because they still look pretty nice and are full of features. Both are mp3 compatible.

Photo credits (from top to bottom): Areaware | Tivoli Audio | Crosley | Sangean

No comments:

Post a Comment